North American Update covering the week of April 13th
Latest FDA announcements
- No new announcements of importance related to the food industry.
Latest Port announcements
- Some Ports remain on a partial working schedule in view of continued blank sailings. Detailed overview below.
Latest domestic trucking announcements
- More truckers, switching over from other industries, are available for road transport of food, being labelled as essential.
Latest food industry announcements
- New York Fancy Food Show in June is officially cancelled.
- The meat packing industry is struggling with infected laborers, resulting in first communications on shortage of retail supply.
|GATE STATUS / HOURS|
|NORFOLK - VIG||Hour Change||VIG are open 6AM to 6PM M-F and closed on Saturday|
|NORFOLK - PMT||Hours Change||Inbound and outbound traffic will be held between 1200 – 1300 hours Effective March 16|
|BALTIMORE||Gate closure based on the weekly volumes||Gate hours will be 06:00 – 16:45 from Wednesday, April 1st through Friday, April 3rd|
|PHILADELPHIA||Normal Operation / Hours|
|TAMPA||Normal Operation / Hours|
|PORT EVERGLADES||Temporarily close gate and terminal operations on Thursdays until further notice||Starting Thursday, March 19, 2020|
|MIAMI POMTOC||Gate closure based on the weekly volumes||Closed on Monday 4/20|
|MIAMI SFCT||Normal Operation / Hours|
|FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL||Normal Operation / Hours|
|HOUSTON BARBOUR'S CUT||Normal Operation / Hours|
|HOUSTON BAYPORT||Normal Operation / Hours|